Learning Of Holistic Therapy
Applying holistic therapy to enhance traditional methods of treatment, an addict might find help.
Holistic therapies work together with the usual drug treatment methods and are non-medical approaches to recovery. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
Checking the diet and regular exercises with reflections are used to achieve the positive effects of holistic therapy.
Apart from helping to ease the physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms, holistic therapy also focuses on improving the overall well being of an individual.
Some of the other practices include
- Yoga practice
- Tai chi
- Meditation with guide
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual healing
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Psychiatric counselling
- The methods of art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Treating Addiction Using Holistic Therapy
Holistic systems of treatment include customer-specific, non-medicinal programs to overcome addiction. The general well being of a person will be boosted by holistic therapy.
The person will be able to get rid of some symptoms such as insomnia and the loss of appetite. Holistic therapy treatment plans are individualized and easy to follow.
Holistic therapy aims to assist in
- Identifying the underlying causes of the addiction
- Overcoming the desire to use the drugs
- Getting the person's body back in shape
- Boost the confidence of the recovering user
- Decreasing the attractiveness of alcohol and drugs
Types Of Holistic Dependency Therapies
Holistic therapies may be anything from exercise to meditation and involves various approaches to living a healthy life.
The main practices involve
- Nutritional Therapy
- Well-being is an essential condition of successful recovery of an addict.
- Focus of addicts on healthy nutrition during treatment gives remarkable healing results.
- With a proper diet, the body is fortified and ready to fight addiction.
- Exercise And Recreational Therapy
- When exercises are done every day, they help harden to labour, decrease tension and make the body more powerful.
- In holistic therapy, this is one of the main practices that should never be avoided.
- The activities may vary from one centre to another but some holistic therapy centres are offering rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding or hiking.
- A clear mind is important when trying to recover from addiction.
- In holistic therapy, taking part in reflection is one way through which you can stop the urge to using the drugs.
- The mind can also be relaxed when a person take part in karate and such kinds of activities.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- This therapy technique also seeks to relax the body muscles through massage.
- Point massage is also helpful to gain physical and psychical equation lost due to long-term use of drugs.
Programs that get satisfactory results are based on conventional methods of treatment. Quitting alcohol and other central nervous system (CNS) depressants can produce severe withdrawal symptoms that need professional medical supervision.
Common techniques which are paired when using holistic methods includes
- Good medical care
- Personal psychological support
AA, NA and other 12 step group programs are usually available too to provide lasting support.
Find A Holistic Treatment Centre Providing Therapy For Addiction
Lots of drug rehab treatment facilities include holistic therapy in the treatment of their in and outpatients. This is mainly because it is effective when used with the other known techniques of overcoming drug addiction. Yoga and meditation is well compatible with psychotherapy in giving patients practical knowledge about the ways to control psychological pressure. If an addict knows how to overcome psychological problems, he has better chances for final recovery without further return to drugs.
When these factors are combined with a medically supervised detox and mental health counselling therapies of the holistic nature can be helpful in treating addictions regardless of the severity levels. Many rehab centres all over the country offer their treatment programs that can be changed according to specific requirements.
If you are interested in using this technique, we can help you locate a rehab facility near you today and all you have to do is give us a call 0800 246 1509.