Receive Dependency Therapy
There are various steps you can take to gain victory over your dependence on drugs and form a plan to maintain sobriety. The devastating impact of dependence on alcohol or a drug is not lost on the victims. When a user accepts they can't manage their addiction by themselves then it is time for them to seek help from a professional counsellor.
Contact us on 0800 246 1509 in case you need assistance to find a therapy program that offers addiction counselling services that are perfect for you.
Counsellors are an essential part of addiction treatment and their function and involvement in the therapy procedure is partly responsible to recovery.
Addiction counsellors can assist you during the therapy process and develop a personalized program for recovery and aftercare. You can enjoy full benefits from arrange of drug addiction treatment interventions that allow you to stay focused on recovery program with support and physicians prescribed medication.
What Is The Role Of An Addiction Counsellor
You need assistance of professional addiction counsellor to identify the cause of your inclination to drug or alcohol addiction, become aware of stimulants and manage to stay sober over long periods of time to overcome addiction.
Both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs depend on great addiction counselling, these take place in large groups or singularly.
A group meeting that will involve your family members and other patients can be organized by your therapist.
Group therapy revolves around family relationship in the recovery program to provide progress feedback of the patient in the program. Identification of the patient's disorder towards addiction opens a window into post-treatment program.
The functions of the counsellor are
- Provide patients who are under medical care with moral aid to facilitate their recovery.
- Managed one-on-one therapy sessions to get to the base of the addiction.
- Managed periodic drug examinations.
- Prepare a personalized treatment approach to suit the patient's circumstances.
- Assisting you develop an aftercare plan based on the care applicable to you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of A Professional Addiction Adviser
Developing specialized programs that will meet the basic needs of each addict is his responsibility. A good counsellor listens to the patient with understanding to determine cause and action.
Having trust in each other is an important ingredient that will lead to the success of the program, and that is the objective of first discussion with the counsellor.
Most counsellors are former addicts; this is a huge advantage to create a common ground of understanding between the patient and counsellor. Understanding the background of the patient assists the counsellor to steer recovery program to desired outcome. Getting to the root of the problem is very important to the success of the program.
Additionally, a great therapist will be capable to identify and treat each co-occurring psychological health conditions. The determination a of a therapist to ensure that addicts are helped to overcome their addiction permanently is the best attribute a counsellor must possess.
What Types Of Therapy Are Available
When advising addicts alone is not sufficient, other healing programs are available to support whatever advice is given to the addict. Some of these healing programs are
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- The muscle state, heartbeat and blood pressure are examined with technology used by the addiction counsellor on patients.
- This prepares the patient on how to control brain activity in order to achieve some command over their mental procedure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- This leverages the connection between what we think and what we do, making CBT a very potent weapon in overcoming dependence on a drug and social anxiety disorder.
- CBT helps the recovering addicts to identify the triggers and actions and help them develop better or healthy substitute actions or behaviour.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- DBT is used to take care of individuals with two-fold diagnosis and one of the fundamental goals is to assist patients in gaining determination and coping competences to deal with circumstances in healthy methods.
- DBT promotes effective communication skills and improves self-image and grants patients with Borderline Personality Disorder and poor eating habits a good head start.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Awareness
- You can discover excitants, monitor stress feedbacks and in-depth relief method through these three treatment options.
- Keeping the patient calm to know the exact root of the addiction problem is the main purpose of this treatment method.
- Holistic Therapies
- This treatment technique is designed to assist addicts to learn how to successfully manage their addiction apart from other techniques that are geared towards helping them.
- It also provides patients, who don't find it easy to speak in usual therapy sessions, with a method to tell their deepest fears and problems in a non-threatening conduction.
- If you're looking for different holistic therapy techniques for addiction treatment, identify a suitable form from yoga, art, equine therapy.
To help the patient regain total wellness, several other treatment measure are supplied by the clinical abuse intervention agencies so as to handle the entire situation.
Why You Need Addiction Counselling
As a patient, you may not feel at ease in sharing your shame and other embarrassing thoughts and experiences to a stranger.
Actually, minority of people like the method of talking over and revealing long held agony and trauma, however, without doing the work fundamentally to divide the underlying problem that can be driving habit-forming manner, sobriety will probably be temporary.