FAQs About Addiction Treatment
The most difficult preliminary stages in the road to recovery involve accepting that one is addicted and agreeing to pursue a rehab programme. The unknown is scary and a lot of people worry about how going to rehab till affect the rest of their lives. Majority of the questions you may want to ask about the addiction rehab process have their answers given below.
Your struggle to completely recover from alcohol addiction is made less difficult when you have more information about addiction - including the cost of each programme, how long it will take, and the possible outcome of the programme.
What Is Addiction Rehabilitation?
The organised treatment programs meant to assist people suffering addiction are named rehabs. In rehab, addict's work at having a sober, happy life.
What Happens In Rehab?
A recovery programme is customised to meet the requirements of each patient. The actual treatment will use a variety of procedures including blood cleansing (detoxifying), peer or individual counselling sessions, avoiding setback instructions, and maintenance after the rehab to make sure one remains sober.
- Detoxification Any successful recovery programme must start with detoxing the blood of drugs. While detoxing, the body physically eliminates the drug and it's effects. Many things, including the type of substance being abused, the length of abuse and how often the drug is consumed all contribute to how the cleansing will go including the severity of the withdrawal symptoms. The pains and other issues that are due to the detox process could be reduced through the rightful treatment in a detox programme under proper medical supervision.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After the detox process, numerous behavioural therapeutic interventions are carried out in rehab. Patients in rehab programs go to group and/or individual therapy to recognize and deal with the problems that are underlying causes of the drug use. Treatment programs additionally teach people on the most proficient method to distinguish high-hazard circumstances plus triggers and develop regressing aversion aptitudes to watch over self-control.
- Aftercare Towards the end of the treatment programme and before leaving the inpatient facility, the recovering addict will work with the therapists on a workable follow-up schedule that will help keep them from relapsing. The monitoring plan will involve joining support groups, continuing treatment, drug-free living environment.
What Is The Duration Of Rehabilitation?
There is no set duration that applies to every individual with regards to rehab. Several rehabilitation facilities provide a 30-day programme. Some people will need longer 60 or 90 day programs or even a long term admission of an inpatient treatment centre to help them maintain a steady path toward recovery. While deciding the proper length of treatment, treatment experts will give consideration to the history and seriousness of the addiction, particular substances use, any co-happening medicinal, mental, or behavioural health conditions and the physical, mental, emotive, social, traditional and spiritual needs of the person.
According to reliable sources, an extended sober period is easily achieved by people who undergo treatment for three months of more. Longer programs allow the patient to focus on the underlying issues of the addiction and more time to develop coping skills to live a sober life.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
There is no cure for dependence; however it can be overseen successfully. No matter how long the rehab programme lasts, the addiction to drugs and alcohol does not end with it. Recovery is a continuing process for the rest of one's life. To manage a dependency requires being taught how to go through everyday life without using and calls for commitment and difficult work.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
People are taught the best means of overcoming the desire to use drugs and to defeat the urge to relapse even when it is very huge at the rehabs. Patients also learn skills to equip them for daily life without the drugs and how to relate to individuals or circumstances that had an impact or made it possible for the substance intake to start.
However, group or individual therapy sessions may be needed for complete healing, and may be coupled with support group gatherings or 12-step attendance. A few people observe extra exercises to be important for supporting their progressing recovery. These exercises may incorporate contemplation, yoga, work out, or artistry to give some examples.
Successful treatment programmes also include their homegrown activities or help you draw up your tailor made an ante-rehab plan before discharge to maintain the momentum of recovery. Those who take part in after-care programmes are more likely to succeed and avoid relapsing, studies have indicated.
What Happens When One Relapses
A relapse shouldn't be seen as a failure, but should rather be viewed as a hindrance on your continuous journey to a drug-free life. It gives a chance to reassess one's way and get once again into a program that offers the support and help expected to look after moderation.
A lot of people who struggle with addiction have to go to rehab more than once before they can work through everything to stay on the path to recovery. While you will be taught how to be sober for a longer period of time, the task of handling your addiction problem is all up to you.
Is Rehab Expensive?
Rehab programs vary greatly in how much they cost. There are those who provide five-star treatment to their patients and end up charging more to cover the extra amenities, staff and so on.
Because inpatient programs provide therapy, food, lodging, and recreational activities, they are typically more expensive than outpatient programs. The outpatient programmes also differ in what they offer; there are some that have very high-class amenities, very involved programmes and organised group or individual therapy sessions including free support group meetings at their premises.
Countless factors can influence a rehab's cost, such as
- Amenities provided - This includes all of the things that can help the process of recovery, like gourmet food, private rooms, animal therapy, acupuncture, yoga, or massage.
- Length of program - The duration of each program is very essential in determining the cost of the programme. All these things are covered by the therapist who takes you for the registration so you can work out how long you can afford to stay.
- Geographical Area - High-end luxury facilities will be more expensive than regular treatment facilities. Travel to the centre can likewise be calculated into the cost, particularly if it is a long way from home.
- Type of program - Residential rehab programmes involve the patient living at the facility for the duration of the treatment under the care of medical staff round the clock, this, of course, costs more.
The Cost Of Addiction Versus The Cost Of Rehabilitation
People might be deterred by how much treatment will cost, but it's important to remember that there are a lot of costs of addiction. What makes addiction costly
- Buying the drugs
- Loss of productivity at work
- Legal fines and fees
- Doctor's visit expenses for physical or emotional wellness issues related with compulsion
Addiction "costs" clients in different ways as well, extending from the crumbling of connections to general despondency and weakness.
Is Insurance Accepted?
Insurance is frequently welcomed at a drug rehab programme. The acceptance of insurance depends on each facility's policies. Your insurance plan might pay for only a part of your stay at the rehab, therefore it is key to study your particular insurance plan before being admitted to a drug rehabilitation programme.
Where insurance will not cover the total cost, you can negotiate alternative payment plan options. The program may offer sliding scale instalment alternatives or financing arrangements to make the cost more reasonable.
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
Majority of addicts being treated for addiction move to facilities far away from their homes. This works in the sense that the patient is removed from the atmosphere that is conducive to their abusing drugs or alcohol.
In such a decidedly separate setting, the individuals who attend rehabilitation can completely concentrate on their dependency problems, free of any external diversions/ temptations from the workplace or loved ones.
When you select an outpatient treatment, you may want to go for a centre that is closer to your home so that you do not have to commute far every day. When you have family responsibilities, a rehabilitation centre that's close can reduce stress as you find a balance between your home obligations and your recovery treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Choosing Between Inpatient And Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
An inpatient centre is a rehabilitation centre that provides round-the-clock care from the personnel. Whether in a hospital or other private facility, the patient is under the care of professionals day and night who provide alternating services with medical personnel as required. Both of these require patients to live at the centre.
Because the patient is under care for 24 hours, they can receive an intensive form of therapy than at any other kind of programme. The patients are also able to concentrate on getting well as they are free from distractions.
Rehabilitation programs can incorporate group treatment, individual treatment, medication-assisted treatment and even correlative treatments, for example, meditation, animal therapy, or outdoor activities.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. People that have been to (either inpatient or outpatient) rehabs before, but are now suffering relapse, may also find this very useful
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
In outpatient facilities, patients come in for their treatment or therapy and then go back to their homes and daily life at the end of their sessions. This structure gives a man a chance to proceed with a great extent unobstructed work, school or home life while looking for treatment. People with short term, less serious and limited addictions will find this more appropriate, and their duties at home and work will not suffer.
Outpatient programs vary from centre to centre. While some of them may offer an hour or two of treatment each day, others may include sessions that cover the entire day. Outpatient treatment is usually less expensive than inpatient care because there are fewer amenities and fewer hours to staff for direct care. The patients do not pay for 24-hour monitoring as they go home after each session. Some insurance plans cover all the treatment while others will cover part.
Call us today at 0800 246 1509 to talk about your choices and learn more about the differences between these treatment structures. We have rehab placement experts who will respond to any queries you may have as you decide on the best addiction treatment facility to commit to for your addiction treatment.
Will I Lose My Job For Going To Rehab?
The possibility of being sacked from work if you fail to attend a rehab and defeat addiction is much more than the risk of losing your job because you enrolled in a rehab. When you're battling with a drug abuse issue, the possibility exists that your employer already thinks it probable that you have an addiction. By dodging addiction assistance, your battle may finally become clear as the effects of your drug abuse could cause your work performance to decrease.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. Under these decrees, it is illicit to fire employment as an outcome of a worker looking for treatment.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Several inpatient programmes demand that you take some time off at your work. Even so, there are a few alternatives that can facilitate this procedure. The options are
- Employee Assistance Program A voluntary Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a program from your employer that can give you confidential assessments, counselling, and treatment referrals at no cost to you.
- Family and Medical Leave Act If a medical condition interferes with the way you work, some employers will allow the employee to take up to 12 weeks unpaid leave without affecting the health insurance under cover of the Family and Medical Leave Act. Addiction forms part of this category, therefore you could benefit by understanding what your business provides.
- Paid Time Off Companies offer annual holidays, paid sick off days and you can take those together with any accumulated leave and personal time to go for residential treatment.
- Executive Rehabilitation Facilities You can continue to work while under treatment at a plush, 24-hour rehab centre that facilitates the interaction between the executive patients and their offices during the rehab.
- Outpatient Programs At last, outpatient programs give other treatment plausibility to any individual who can't take out time from home or work and who may require a more reasonable choice than executive rehabilitation. If your are suffering from a severe addiction or a relapse, a centre that can provide 24 hour care is still the best chance at getting and staying sober.
Methods of treating addiction as a staff are numerous, and they will definitely make your life, your job, and your health better.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Plush rehab facilities are more equipped, and in better surroundings and environment as compared with conventional rehab centres. These luxurious rehab facilities are located in out-of-the-way places where total privacy is guaranteed. Treatment in these plush rehab facilities more often offers holistic treatment that includes exciting therapies, gourmet catering by highly ranked chefs, innovative treatment therapies.
Celebrities, high-level executives, and other public figures frequently select a luxury rehabilitation for all the exclusive facilities, privacy and the possibility that they will be amongst their peers, but any individual can attend these kinds of programmes when the cost involved can be covered by the insurance, out-of-pocket payments, or a combination of the two.
How To Locate An Addiction Rehab Programme
Finding the correct compulsion recovery program can feel like a staggering procedure, yet cause is accessible to answer any extra inquiries you may have. When you are not sure what type of treatment programme is correct for a loved one or yourself and want to chat about rehabilitation and recovery options more, contact us at 0800 246 1509 to chat with one of our rehab placement representatives.